Sunday, October 30, 2011

Politics

Politics in general is hard for me. I'm not really open to hearing about it in any context and usually try to leave the room whenever politics is brought up so it's very hard to make myself think about it. I also see a separation between politics, government, and the functioning of a country/town/whatever that I think is a little strange. I'm obviously not looking forward to the election year.
I honestly know next to nothing about the way the government of Japan is structured or how it runs and who does what. I need to get around to doing some research eventually. (Hopefully writing this here will be my reminder.) Completely disregarding the 'government' I've seen in dramas, all my knowledge comes from overheard comments, the campaigning I saw here in August and September, and the knowledge that the Prime Minister changes often. The Imperial family is aiming to be the ideal nuclear family within its situation, the parliament (is that the correct term??) takes a little too long to react to everything, and the campaign method is ANNOYING. And my host mother thinks that Japan needs to get itself some younger politicians, especially in the higher levels.
That's really all I can offer on politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment